Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th Incense

INCENSE
Incense has been around for thousands of years , from the day fire started a ember of sap.
What makes incense to attracting and relaxing , i have been waiting so long to make this powered stick that i had no idea it was so easy to make, but finding the right places that sold the items was not easy. Living in a small town saskatchewan there where no places like this here , so i drove to the city and went looking for a store.
finding one down on broadway I went in a took a chance .
The lady who owned it was very helpful , and gave me some good tips , and the tools to make
my first incense. so buying $25.00 worth of matterials , i went home to try my hand at making this wonderful scent...
My list:
a package of charcoal bricketts
a package of frankincense resin
a package of prairie sage
a package of copal resin
so i started with the prairie sage , a mixture of sage , lavender,ceder, and other things.
mixed them , grinded and smashed. until i got a small round ball i could put on a lite charcoal.
i placed it on and watched at the herbs smoldered and a wash of fragrent smoke hit me.
WOW!
So in order to make more incense i went back many times to try my hand at making differnet kinds and which kinds went together.

No comments:

Post a Comment